Bay St. Louis Historical Depot

1928 Depot Way
The Historic Train Depot has undergone a complete exterior and interior renovation following its overwhelming use after 2005's Hurricane Katrina. The Depot sits on a park like setting and is a historic facility.


Built in 1928, in a Mission architectural style, the building and grounds are listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is the City's second public property to be listed as a Mississippi Landmark Property.  The restoration was done in complete cooperation with the Secretary of the Interior Standards and the Mississippi Department of Archives directives.  Since its completion in early 2011, the Depot has once again become the site of major city activities and the home of the Hancock County Tourism Development Bureau.


The site hosts the official Visitor Center for the area which is acknowledged by the Mississippi Development Authority.  The second floor also is the home to the nationally acclaimed folk artist Alice Moseley's museum.


Public portions of the building and its grounds will be available for use with an approved Special Events Application.  Fees may apply.  For more information, please call (228) 466-8951.